**STILL OPEN, STILL CARING FOR YOUR PETS**
We’ve had some worried clients call us to ask whether we are still open during the current restrictions. We’d just like to confirm we are very much open to care for your pets as usual, providing an essential service. To help with reducing client movements, we are constantly re-assessing the situation in order to balance the risks to clients and patients. We have also put in place some biosecurity measures to ensure we can maintain safety for both staff and clients alike.
- Please let us know when you call if you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms of coronavirus. If you are unable to bring your pet in, we can book a telephone consultation.
- Clients are asked to no longer enter the building. When you arrive for your appointment please call from your car to let us know you have arrived.
- We collect all patients from the car park. We disinfect cat boxes and dog leads on collection and return. Please do not be concerned if we put a slip lead on your dog; this is to eliminate the chance of an escape!
- We examine and treat your pet in our disinfected consulting room and then return to you to discuss your and your pet’s needs.
- You can then simply call from your car to make a card payment over the phone.
- We have reduced the number of clients we see per hour. This allows us to fully disinfect all contact points between clients.
- We are assessing patient care requirements for clients who can’t attend the surgery and where necessary providing these remotely via video or telephone.
- If you require repeat medications please telephone to place your order. We will then arrange for you to collect with no contact. If you need medications to be posted or delivered, we can provide this service.
With all these measures in place we are confident that we can continue to look after the needs of our patients and ensure they do not have to suffer during this pandemic.
Our Ilminster surgery hours have been modified due to the current situation. Our Ilminster surgery is currently open from 9:30am to 12pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Our main Taunton surgery is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 12pm on Saturdays. Sundays are emergencies only. As always, we are available 24 hours a day for emergencies.
If you have any concerns or queries please call us or check our website & Facebook page for further updates!
Stay safe and remember to wash your hands!
Rachel, Dan and the team at County Vet Clinic