Our practice offers well-established and sensibly-priced referral services internal & acute medicine, supported not only by excellent facilities, but also by a team committed to providing the best care for your patients and their owners.
Dan Holden BVetMed DVA DipECVAA CertSAM MRCVS
Dan qualified from the Royal Veterinary College in 1991. He has spent the vast majority of his professional career working as a clinician in referral centres, both in academia and private practice. He was involved in the establishment of the intensive care unit at the RVC and spent eight years at the University of Bristol, where he was responsible for the internal medicine emergency service and the small animal intensive care unit. As well as his expertise in intensive care, Dan has a wealth of experience in internal and emergency medicine and has lectured widely throughout the UK and abroad. In addition, Dan also provides an independent veterinary anaesthesia consultancy service, providing advice on equipment, staff training and in-house CPD, as well as specialist locum services and a clinical anaesthesia referral service for more complex cases.
To find out more about the services we offer, please telephone 01823 326222.
Pet owners please note this service is only available via your own veterinary surgeon. If you wish to have your pet referred, please contact your own veterinary surgeon to discuss referral.
- The collapsed dog/cat
- Episodic weakness
- Acute & chronic GI cases
- Coughing & respiratory distress
- Nasal discharge/epistaxis
- Foreign bodies
- Feeding tube placement
- Pharyngeal stick injuries
- Cardiac emergencies
- Acute & chronic renal failure
- Seizuring patients
- High-dependency patients
- Bleeding patients
- Medical neurology
- And more…
Facilities & equipment
- Rigid & flexible endoscopy
- Upper & lower GI endoscopy
- Bronchoscopy & pharyngoscopy
- 300mA 125kV x-ray
- Diagnostic ultrasound & ultrasound-guided biopsy
- PC-based ECG
- Extensive critical patient monitoring & support
- Central venous access & pressure monitoring
- Continuous waveform ECG
- Invasive & non-invasive arterial blood pressure monitoring
- Blood gas & electrolyte analysis
- Tube feeding & parenteral nutrition
- In-house haematology, biochemistry & coagulation
- Positive-pressure ventilation
- 24-hour monitoring and support
Visiting specialists also available by appointment only.
- Cardiology – Dr Mark Patteson MA VetMB PhD DVC CertVR MRCVS (Heartvets Consultants)
- Soft Tissue Surgery – Ed Friend BVetMed CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS